Termination of Continuation Coverage
COBRA coverage ends if:
- Your employer ceases to be a Contributing Employer and provides alternative coverage to its active employees under another plan;
- The premium is not timely paid;
- The COBRA-covered person becomes: (1) a covered employee or dependent under any other group health plan (other than TRICARE or any other governmental-sponsored medical care program while that person is on a leave of absence under USERRA); (2) entitled to Medicare;
- The disabled individual ceases to be disabled during the 19-29th month of COBRA, as finally determined by the SSA; or
- Your coverage is terminated for cause (for example, submission of a fraudulent claim).